Prices & Booking Policy
$245 per person.
Group Discount: Booking five or more persons, in your party are $230 each.
Unless you book an entire balloon, you may be flying with other passengers.
The most reliable flying weather is in the months of June, July and August.
Our stylish "Boarding Pass" gift certificates are valid for one year and are refundable only within 30 days of date of purchase, minus a $25 handling fee. They are transferable.
To book a flight without a gift certificate, a $100 per person deposit is required. If a flight is canceled for any reason and you don't wish to re-book, deposits are refundable minus a $10 booking fee. Cash, credit cards and personal checks are welcomed.
In case of unsafe flying weather, we will re-book you as many times as necessary. Should you fail to show for a scheduled flight or cancel less than 72 hours in advance, the full fare is due. We are not responsible for the weather conditions and the decision to fly or not to fly is at the sole discretion of the pilot in command.
As per F.A.A. regulations, intoxicated persons will not be allowed on board and the full fare will be due. Each passenger must divulge their accurate weight at time of booking. Weekday morning flights require a minimum of 4 passengers. After purchase of a gift certificate, one may call at any time (business hours) to schedule the flight.
Check out the Sunrise / Sunset Calendar - Choose Rochester, New York then click on 'Civil Twilight'. We meet 2 hours before sunset and at sunrise.
We must have winds of 10 mph or less to safely fly. This is why we fly at the sunrise and sunset time frame. Thunderstorms are very dangerous and can kick out extremely strong winds up to 75 miles away. We do not fly if there are thunderstorms in Western N.Y. Even light rain showers can 'kick up' the winds. Safety is our #1 consideration! Passengers will call approximately 2 hours before their scheduled flight to get the weather update and pilot's decision to fly or not fly. Flights are canceled with everyone's safety in mind. (including ours!). Decisions to fly are never monetary and we have a perfect safety record. We fly May through mid October however the most dependable flying weather is June - August. Spring and fall weather can be windy and rainy and are the least dependable. October flights have a high cancellation rate (weather related) and subjected to an additional $10 per person fee.
- Our flights average 45 - 60 minutes in the air but can be lengthened or shortened by conditions. Plan on about 3 hours total for your excursion.
- The is no feeling of motion in a balloon. You will not get ill!
- Balloons fly with the wind and cannot be steered. Our balloon "chase crew" will drive you back to your cars at our launch site for our after flight celebration.
- Average flights are to about 2,000 ft. however weather conditions may dictate flying higher or lower. The pilot will ascend and descend to obtain different wind directions.
- Passengers must be physically fit and able to stand for at least an hour. Persons who have had recent surgeries and pregnant women will be declined. Our minimum age is 12.
- You should dress for the conditions of the day. It is often warmer aloft. Please do not wear dresses, sandals, flip flops or open toe shoes. Caps are highly recommended.
- If you would like to help our crew deflate and pack up the balloon, you are more than welcome to participate. Just let us know! We will bus you back to your vehicle.
We end each flight with a champagne celebration, a French tradition that began in the 1700's. (Non alcoholic is also available) Certificates commemorating your balloon ascension are then issued. Tee shirts, sweatshirts and our professional DVD are available for sale.